Three Yummy (Mini) Cupcakes

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I made these cupcakes so long ago that I don't remember what they were for, but I do remember that I was trying to channel my professional photographer and I used a silky scarf as my backdrop.  If these cupcakes were people they could easily submit these photos to "Bad Paid For Photos" on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.

It is obvious that I didn't think it was necessary to straighten out the scarf...  Oops!  Lesson learned!

On to the good stuff! 
The two cupcakes with the shiny and smooth swirl are my Grandma's Spice Cake Cupcakes.  This is a super secret recipe and I'm so fortunate to have it written in her own handwriting.  I'm not super fond of eating cake (I love batter more), but this is one cake I will DEVOUR! If you have never tried Spice Cake then you MUST get your hands on this!

The cupcake with the star-tip swirl in the front is a Chocolate Cake with Swiss Meringue Frosting.  It has a strawberry filling as well, but it wasn't visible once it was cut in half so I didn't think it was worthy unlike the last two cupcakes!  These are Vanilla Cake with Swiss Meringue Frosting and Raspberry Filling.

I just love mini cupcakes because you can either decided to eat them in one bite to get the whole effect (usually the guy's take) or you can enjoy the heavenly flavor in two, long and slow bites!

To order Mini Cupcakes from Pastry Shells contact me at PastryShells@gmail.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment

.