1st Birthday Smash Cake

Friday, July 20, 2012

A year ago I made this smash cake for one of my best friend's daughter, Kayla:


She was turning one and we were looking forward to catching some hilarious pictures of her making a complete mess out of the cake.  Here is the breakdown:

First we showed her what to do by putting her hand in the cake...


Then we saw terror begin to form on her face as she saw dark, sticky stuff get on her hands...


Then, right before a meltdown, we gave her a spoon!  Apparently this one-year-old is too "proper" to reek havoc on a cake... we should have known better when she wouldn't step a bare foot in the sand at the beach.  You live and learn!


This is the devastation Kayla and the spoon left on the smash cake.

Don't worry the guests had some cake too; stay tuned for the next post to see what I served them!  Hint: the theme was Abby Cadabby.

Now, a year later, Kayla is turning TWO!  I can't believe how big she is and I can't wait to make her masterpiece this year!  This year the plan is to make a cupcake tower with a small cake on top... don't worry, the top cake is to cut up and serve to some of the adults at the party.  The theme, you ask?  TINKERBELL!

2 comments :

  1. Ha--I love it! I was the same way when I was a kid, I couldn't stand to get dirty. :) It looks like the spoon did the job anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for spoons! At least we have a good story to tell!

      Delete

.