Kelly's Mini Birthday Cake

Sunday, July 1, 2012


If you know what Vera Bradley is then you know where I got my inpiration for this birthday cake.  For those people who don't know,
Vera Bradley is a brand that makes quilted totes, bags, and misc things out of different patterns.  The patterns retire after a year or so which limits the timeframe to buy the ones you love.

I designed the sides of this cake off of two of my Vera Bradley bags and just free-handed everything.

I can't remember what type of cake was on the inside, but I know it was all devoured quickly.


The icing is just a typical vanilla buttercream...

The designs were piped out of colored vanilla buttercream...

You can see in this picture the size of the cake.  This is a perfect size for a couple people and makes a great small birthday gift!  I was able to be very creative with this cake without going overboard on the size of the cake.  As you can see, Kelly loved her personal birthday cake!

To order a personalized cake from Pastry Shells contact me at PastryShells@gmail.com.

2 comments :

  1. It's so cute! I can never manage decorating like this--you must have a really steady hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I surprise myself with some of my decorating skills. My steady hand came from a lot of practice, patience, and more practice!

      Delete

.