Two Birthdays, Two Cakes (well, cupcakes)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I have been dying to share the photos for these cakes with you!  So, I decided to make an event of it!  This is post 1 or 3 devoted to these two awesome cakes... get ready... set... go (and yes, the race track theme applies... just wait)!

There is this adorable little girl that recently turned 3 and wanted an "Elmo at the Beach" themed cake.  There is also this cute boy who recently turned 5 and begged for a "Cars, the movie" themed cake.  Doesn't seem difficult, right?  WRONG!  These amazing kids are part of the same family and have very similar birthdays so a joint birthday was in store.  Since both kids wanted a theme completely different and both kids absolutely love pull-apart cakes (multiple cupcakes are pushed together and iced at one time so the top looks like a cake, but the cupcakes just pull apart!  No knife required!) so two cakes were in order.

So, I set my imagination to work and this is what I came up with:


Please note, I am a baker and cake decorator and my medium is cake/icing, therefore drawing on paper is not my forte.  Use your imagination, or just wait for the next two posts to see how they turned out.

To order from Pastry Shells contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.

No comments :

Post a Comment

.