Rosette Cakes and Photo Shoots

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I love these cakes.  Not only do I love these cakes because they are covered in roses and are pink, but I love these cakes because each one is a different flavor!  You can adequately satisfy everyone when you have three different cake flavors.  These beautiful and classy cakes were made for a first birthday party and were such a hit!


Let's start with the smallest cake measuring six inches in diameter.  This is a fresh strawberry cake with the most popular cream cheese icing.

Next, we have a pink vanilla cake (the cake matches the frosting) with cream cheese frosting.  This cake is approximately ten inches in diameter.

And finally, we have a twelve inch red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting!

I just love the different shades of pink in the picture.  The set up look beautiful!

Don't worry!  The fun doesn't stop here!  Before the birthday party, the birthday girl had a special photo shoot just for her birthday!  An adorable replica of the mini cake was made for her to play with and be photographed with.

Photography was done by Shannon Leigh Studios and you can view the adorable picture here.


A couple weeks later I received a call to make the cake again!  Another adorable one year old was having a photo shoot and the previous cake was EXACTLY what the Mom wanted.  So I went about recreating the cake:

This one was a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.

The vanilla frosting was perfectly smooth and sweet!

I just love the rosette decoration!


These were such classy and beautiful cakes!  Happy Birthday to all the one-year-olds out there!

To order a cake from Pastry Shells contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.






3 comments :

  1. Wow, these are beautiful! And all the flavors sound so good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try and make roses.. got any tips on how to keep them all consistant all the way round?

    thanks,

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten to the point where I can eyeball it, but initially I started by marking the cake. I would put a crumb coating (a thin layer of icing over the entire cake) on the cake then use a ruler and make small marks on the cakes to show myself the diameter of the rosettes. Make sure to fill in the small gaps between some rows of rosettes when you are finished! Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!

      Delete

.