Happy Hour Cupcake Style

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

This picture does not accurately depict what is really going on:  these cupcakes are getting drunk at a bar!  What?  You don't see it?  Let me explain...

They started out their day as normal chocolate,

strawberry lime,

and lime cupcakes.

Their toppers were cut out.

The decorating icing colored

to the perfect colors.

Then each iced.  These are the lime cupcakes with lime cream cheese icing.  Just wait for the other flavors!

The lime cupcakes got a rim of sugar.


Can you guess where this is going?

Don't forget to finish decorating the toppers...

with the initials of your close friend and her fiancé!


Then place them on top and get ready to drool!  Yes, MARGARITA cupcakes!  Lime cake with lime cream cheese frosting and a sugar rim!  See?  It's like a cupcake drank a margarita!  Okay, maybe too far...

This cake, on the other hand, is elegant and beautiful and somehow made it through the 95 degree weather in Atlanta.

I love how you have no idea this is red velvet cake until you serve it up!

Here is the top of the cake.  You are welcome.

While I was making the margarita cupcakes I also decided to make a few other drunken cupcakes.  This one actually contained alcohol (so we kept it away from the adorable 1 year old at the party).  It is a Chocolate Mudslide Cupcake!  Chocolate cake with Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream.  Perfect for an engagement party at an Irish Pub!!

I can't forget about these Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes!  Strawberry Lime cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

Here is the set up for these cupcakes and their matching cake:
I just love the decorations the hosts had!

Showing off my skills!

The happy couple!  I love you guys!  Can't wait for the big day!

Oh yea, Happy Fourth of July!

To order from Pastry Shells contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.

2 comments :

  1. Very cute! I loved the cupcake ideas, as well as your post presentation. Drunken cupcakes...LOL

    Just stopping by from NaBloPoMo. I'm now following you on Bloglovin'

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! They were such a hit! I'll add you to my Bloglovin' as well.

      Shelly

      Delete

.