Love Birds Engagement Party Cake

Friday, February 7, 2014

Over the past few weeks the theme for my posts has been "Love" and this cake continues that pattern perfectly.  This cake was made to celebrate the engagements of two couples.  I wish I put a quarter or something beside it so you could see how big it really is.  This cake was about 16 inches in diameter and perfect for a good sized engagement party.


I loved making the adorable love birds.

Plus, I got to make a few flowers which is one of my favorite things to make.

The color of the icing is really my favorite part!  It was such a pretty aqua color that really makes everything pop!  I wish I had the photography lighting kit I received for Christmas because taking pictures in the middle of the afternoon causes major shadows, but practice makes perfect.  I'm working on a cake currently and cake wait to try out the new lighting and share the pictures with you!

Don't forget to place your Valentine's Day order with Pastry Shells, contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.

No comments :

Post a Comment

.