6 Month and 31st Birthday Cakes

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I absolutely love making cakes for my best friends' kids so of course when I was asked to make a half birthday cake for one of them I was super excited.  The only problem with this was that her son's half birthday was on HER birthday.  Little did she know that while I was making his bow tie themed cake I was also creating an elegant lace cake just for her! 


Patricia is one of the few people that has known me my entire life.  We have been there for each other (including during those really awkward phases) and we are closer now than ever before.

So you can see why I wanted to make a special cake just for her, my sister and best friend. (PS - this is Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting... YUM!)

Remember, I still had to make the adorable bow tie cake for her even more adorable son.  These polka dot bow ties were so fun to make and I can't wait to list them on my Etsy shop. (PPS - this one is Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting... heaven!)

All the bow ties and colors were made to match his handsome birthday outfit and I must say, this bow tie looks like it could actually be worn!

Happy Birthday Patricia and Happy Half Birthday Elie!  Thanks for always being such an amazing supporter!

To order from Pastry Shells, contact me at Shelly@PastryShells.net or check out the Etsy shop (link).
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

.