Chevron Baby Shower Cake

Wednesday, March 4, 2015


This past weekend I was so lucky to work on a cake for a co-ed baby shower and was especially excited about the cake design.  The chevron design looks like something that would be very hard without a cookie cutter, but the method I used made it super easy.

I drew my chevron pattern on the back of parchment paper the length of the circumference and covered the other side with shortening.  I then created 1.5" pieces and placed them on the parchment paper using my pattern as a guide.  Once I was done with the entire pattern I put a little water on it and pressed the parchment paper all around the cake.  The chevron stuck right to the cake in the perfect arrangement I had on my parchment paper!

This method is called the transfer method and is such an easy way to make your intricate designs be almost perfect!  Thanks to the Mom-to-be for giving me such a great design!

To order from Pastry Shells, contact me at Shelly@PastryShells.net.

.