Ruffled Baby Shower Cake

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I have really loved the ruffle trend that has been popping up in the cake industry in the past couple years.  There are tons are ways to complete the look one of which I used on this baby shower cake.

I cut strips of fondant and ruffled them with the ball tool.  Then, before they dried, I placed them around the fondant covered cake.  Don't worry, you don't have to have strips long enough to stretch around the entire cake; the ruffles are so busy you won't see any seams.

This letter was super easy to create as well!  I just took a wooden letter and covered it with fondant.  It allowed the letter to be solid and easy to transport without the chance of it breaking.

I would love to hear of the cake trends you are enjoying!

To order from Pastry Shells, contact me at Shelly@PastryShells.net.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

.