Construction Hat Grooms Cake

Monday, November 30, 2015

If you have been following Pastry Shells for a while you might know I have a day job.  I work as an engineer during the normal work week, specifically I help manage construction projects.  Needless to say, I own or work with all these cake elements and was so excited to make them!  Also, I filmed the making of the hammer... so scroll down to see the process!


For the "dirt" I crumbled up chocolate cake and adhered it to the cake board with a thin layer of icing.

I hand painted the ruler to give it a little more rustic look.

Of course, I used one of my favorite mediums, wafer paper, to create this awesome logo.

Okay, so I did not make these little guys, but aren't they just too cute?!  Now, without further ado...


Materials Used:  Fondant used, Fondant Smoother, Xacto Knife, Self Healing Mat, Modeling Tools, 12 Inch Skewers, Airbrush Machine

To order from Pastry Shells, contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

No comments :

Post a Comment

.