Gold and Sparkle Cake

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Gold is one of my favorite trends so I was super excited to use tons of gold in this simple 30th birthday cake.  Make sure to read below on how I create this cake as well as how the edible sparkle topper was made.


First I made the toppers by cutting out a paper template of each number and using it to cut out fondant.  I stuck skewers through the numbers and let them dry overnight (similar to this technique here).  Next, I coated all the fondant in piping gel and dipped each number in edible gold glitter.  It should be noted that while the glitter is food safe, consuming it should be avoided.

Lastly, to make the cake I covered it in navy fondant then mixed some of this wonderful edible gold with vodka and hand painted the design on the cake.

To order from Pastry Shells, contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments :

Post a Comment

.