Mother's Day Flowers

Friday, May 20, 2016

See that beautiful person there?  That's my Mom and she is just amazing!  I figured most people give their Mom flowers, in fact I knew she was already getting some from my Dad, so I wanted to give her something different... something yummy!

So, I made her flowers.  I baked her favorite cake, Red Velvet, and created these flowers with a Wilton 104 icing tip out of Cream Cheese Frosting.

Typically this type of frosting is not ideal for piping flowers but I stuck it in the fridge for a little bit to make it stiffer and made sure to freeze the finished flowers before applying them to the cupcakes.

Let's just say these were gone in about 5 minutes!

These were the perfect gift for my biggest supporter, my sounding board, my shopping buddy, the woman that formed who I am today, and the best Mom in the world!

To order from Pastry Shells, contact me at shelly@pastryshells.net.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

No comments :

Post a Comment

.